HDM Z1 Travel APAP Machine
The very small and lightweight Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine can be added to carry on luggage or a tote making CPAP therapy more easily added to a busy lifestyle. Activities away from electricity can be a reality by adding the OPTIONAL lightweight, integrated battery system. This is an auto adjusting CPAP machine designed to deliver the most effective level of air pressure on a breath by breath basis all night long. The Z1 Auto can be set as a single pressure CPAP if desired.
- Small & Discreet for Travel
- Built-in Bluetooth for Nitelog App
- Advanced Sleep Data Reporting
- Z-Breathe Pressure Relief
- Auto Altitude Adjusting
- Leak Compensation
- Ramp Feature Available
- Quiet 26dBA Operation
- Z1 APAP 30 Day Risk Free Trial
- OPTIONAL Integrated Battery
Small & Discreet for Travel
The Z1 Auto machine is designed for use on the go or staying at home. It easily fits into a backpack for camping and hiking or into a carry on bag for travel. The unique design more closely resembles an electric razor than a CPAP machine. The small footprint of the machine takes up little room on the bedside table. The machine has small rubber feet on the base to help stabilize the unit. The Z1 Auto weighs in at 10 ounces and measures 6.48 inches long x 3.3 inches wide x 2.02 inches high.
Nitelog App and Data Reporting
The Z1 Auto has a built-in Bluetooth chip used to wirelessly connect to a nearby smartphone or tablet using the free Nitelog app. This machine transmits usage data to the phone or pad for review using the application. Nitelog will allow the user to adjust basic machine settings such as Z-Breathe and ramp. Nitelog compiles the reports for the past day, week or 30 days of use. The report can be emailed from the smartphone or tablet, or screen shots can be snapped and stored to the memory of the phone or pad. The Z1 functions can be performed on the Z1 machine without the use of Nitelog.
- Using Nitelog: Download the Nitelog App from The App Store or Play Store to a smartphone or tablet (NOT included with purchase).
- Turning Bluetooth ON:
- Unplug the power adapter from the machine.
- Plug the power adapter back into the Z1 and immediately hold the Up Arrow Button.
- When Bluetooth has been turned on, the display above the pressure indicator shows “bt-On”.
- The Bluetooth function recognizes and syncs with the Nitelog App on the nearby phone or tablet.
- Turning Bluetooth OFF:
- The Z1 machine can be set to NOT transmit data by using Airplane Mode.
- To turn off the Bluetooth, unplug the power supply from the back of the machine.
- Plug the power supply back on and immediately hold the Down Arrow Button.
- The display shows “bt-OFF” when Bluetooth is not activated.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Z1 Auto’s default firmware is compatible with iPhone and iPad only. The newest firmware can be downloaded and installed on the Z1 Auto to make it compatible with newer Android devices. See instructions below for steps to add the new firmware version.
- Turning Bluetooth ON:
- Nitelog Data Report includes:
- AH Count (Apnea Hypopnea Count)
- AH Index or AHI (Apnea Hypopnea Index)
- Usage Hours
- Average Pressure
Data Recording & Data Viewer Software
Data related to usage time and leaks is recorded on the Z1 Auto. The software to view the data on a Windows computer can be downloaded here: Z1 Data Viewer Software.
- Compatibility Note: At this time the software is compatible only with 32 and 64 bit Windows computers. It is not currently compatible with Mac operating systems.
- Software Instructions:
- Once the software is installed, open the software on the computer.
- Plug in the Z1 Auto Machine. Several screens will flash, ending in standby mode showing a display of “Pressure 0.0 cmh2O.
- Using the included Micro USB Cable connect the Z1 Auto the the computer.
- The “Sync with Device” option should then be offered and selected to view available data.
- Please Note: Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5 is required to install and use this software. It can be downloaded here.
The Z1 Auto operates at 26 dBA making it one of the quietest machines available. To illustrate the sound level of 26dBA, the sound rating of a room fan set to low speed as heard from 3 feet away is over 35dBA.
- Z-Breathe Pressure Relief: Z-Breathe is a comfort feature offering a reduction in the air pressure at the time of exhalation. The drop in the airstream pressures makes breathing during therapy a more natural process. Z-Breathe can be set to one of three levels:
- Z-Breathe set to 1 = gentle pressure relief at the time of exhalation
- Z-Breathe set to 2 = moderate pressure relief at the time of exhalation
- Z-Breathe set to 3 = large pressure relief at the time of exhalation
For more information about Z-Breathe, please see the Z-Breathe Information Sheet.
- Auto Altitude Adjustment: The Z1 Auto machine automatically adjusts as needed for changes in elevation. It can operate from sea level up to 8,000 feet above sea level.
- Leak Compensation: The Z1 machine adjusts the pressure to account for minor air leaks to help ensure the prescribed pressure is being met during therapy. If an excessive air leak is detected the word “REMINDER” is displayed on the screen. Correct the leak to remove the word “REMINDER” from showing on the screen.
The Z1 Auto machine includes a ramp feature that can be set from 0 to 45 minutes. This allows the therapy pressure to begin at a lower starting pressure and work up to the prescribed pressure. Many CPAP users find this to be a more comfortable way to fall to sleep. The machine can be set with or without a ramp time.
Z1 APAP 30 Day Risk Free Trial
Try the Z1 APAP machine risk free for 30 days when purchasing within the United States. If displeased with the APAP machine, contact CPAP.com to receive a return authorization number, which allows for a full refund minus the price of shipping. The machine and all included parts must be sent to CPAP.com in the original packaging. Please Note: Additional accessories purchased, such as the power shell, may also be returned with the Z1 APAP for a refund.
OPTIONAL Integrated PowerShell Battery
The Z1 Auto is ready to go with the OPTIONAL PowerShell with Battery. The battery is fully integrated with the machine using the unique PowerShell design which holds both the machine and battery in one compact bundle. Use the battery to run the Z1 machine independently or set the battery up as a fail over in case the AC power is interrupted.
The PowerShell includes a handy lanyard allowing the machine and battery to be hung close at hand, such as on a headboard or from a tent pole when camping. To read more about the optional battery & PowerShell read here: Z1 PowerShell and Battery.
Firmware Update: A firmware update has been released for the Z1 Auto Machine. This firmware upgrade allows the Nitelog to be used with newer Android phones such as the Galaxy S6 and Note 5. There is also an update to the Z-Breathe pressure relief levels:
- Setting 1 (smallest relief) has been adjusted to accommodate longer battery run times.
- Setting 2 now provides stronger relief with reduced machine noise.
- Setting 3 is unchanged and provides the largest relief.
To download and install the firmware, follow these steps:
- The Z1 Data Recording Software must be downloaded and installed prior to updating the firmware. Please see instructions above regarding this software.
- Sync the Z1 Auto using the Data Recording Software and save current data stored on the Z1 Machine so it is not lost during the firmware upgrade. After syncing disconnect the Z1 Machine from the PC.
- Click here to download the firmware upgrade.
- After the firmware is installed, connect the Z1 Auto Machine to the PC and follow the instructions to complete the upgrade process.
Please Note: This update is for the Z1 Auto only. This update should not be installed on the Z1 CPAP. The Z1 CPAP contains different firmware which could be damaged if the firmware for the Z1 Auto is installed.